' I DON'T DO FASHION , I AM FASHION '







Coco Chanel



Wednesday 27 January 2010

Very Irresistible Givenchy


















WHAT? THEIR COLOUR THEME IS ALWAYS - BLACK, GOLD AND SILVER...or you thought so...



Another couture designer has 'walked' the runway at Paris fashion week.
Givenchy , whenever i hear the word it reminds me of 'Hard Rock, Soft Tailoring and heavily jewelled pieces....that's what Givenchy stands for right? well apparently not ...The couture collection , designed by Riccardo Tisci was rather girly..i dare to say ...and that wasn't all every time i look at the images- other collections keep popping in my head...like the feathered tassel detailed tops, with the sharp tailored suit just screammmmmsssssss ARMANI PRIVE to me.....or the long gowns ( except the ruffle one) are very Versace....or even the gorgeous ' pom pom dyed' dress ..Sonia Rykiel- Fall 2009/Armand Basi ( the pop pom shoes..).

Over all i think its gorgeous but the pieces do remind me of other collections, but then thers only so much you can design ...

I just hope Givenchy go back to their, 'cool' look, as i think it suited the brand better.....( remmember the heavily jeweled head pieces worn at last years collection....amazing...)

normally Givenchy makes my jaw drop , but sadly not this time...my hopes are up for s/s 2011...or is it too late ....OF COURSE NOT !


THE FIRST PICTURE- LOVE HOW FIERCE LARA STONE LOOKS- WORK IT GIRLFRIEND
x

No comments:

Post a Comment